Academic, General Excellence and Boarding Scholarships.
Applications for Academic, General Excellence and Boarding Scholarships for the 2021 school year have now closed.
Future scholarship opportunities for the 2022 school year will be announced later this year.
Fahan School Academic Scholarships
All Academic Scholarship applicants are required to sit the Edutest scholarship examination. Applicants must also apply in writing on the Fahan School Scholarship Application Form and this form should be completed by the student, in their own handwriting, and the student’s two most recent school reports and most recent NAPLAN results. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to an interview with the Principal.
Fahan School General Excellence Scholarships
General Excellence Scholarship recipients receive a discount of up to 50% of school tuition fees. These Scholarships are awarded to students who embody the School’s values. It is expected that successful applicants are well-rounded and contributing members of the Fahan Community.
To be eligible for a General Excellence Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic achievement and potential
- Excellence in one or more of the following categories including Music*, Science, Arts, Sport and Community Service.
- High level of application to all classroom and extra-curricular activities
- Leadership within areas of excellence
- Ability and willingness to make a positive contribution to all School activities.
Students applying for a Fahan School General Excellence Music Scholarship must attend an audition with the Director of Music and Deputy Principal. Applicants must be studying at least one instrument with minimum AMEB Grade level (or equivalent) are set out when the 2022 Scholarship Applications are opened.
Fahan School Boarding Scholarships
Boarding Scholarships are offered for new students and recipients receive a discount of up to 50% of boarding and/or school tuition fees.
These Boarding Scholarships are awarded by the Principal to girls who embody the Fahan School values and whose personal financial circumstances would prevent them from attending the School. More information will provided when the 2022 Scholarship Applications are opened.
Conditions of Scholarships at Fahan School
- All Scholarship offers are confidential and should not be discussed with other parties.
- All Scholarship holders are expected to contribute to the life of the School in sporting, cultural and service areas.
- Tenure of all scholarships depends on a continued high standard in School work and conduct and the student’s contribution to School life overall.
- In accepting a Scholarship, parents/guardians agree that they understand the School has a reasonable expectation that their child will complete their education at Fahan School.
- Compliance with these conditions will be reviewed at the end of each academic year.
- Fahan School reserves the right to withhold the scholarship award if the candidature does not reach the standard required.