Fahan School is pleased to provide Academic and General Excellence Scholarships.
Applications for Academic and General Excellence Scholarships are now open for entry into the 2020 school year in Years 5, 6 and 8 - 12.
All applicants are required to sit the academic examination. Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to an interview with the Principal.
General Excellence Scholarships
In order to be eligible for a General Excellence Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic achievement and potential
- Excellence in one or more of the following categories including Music*, Science, Arts, Sport and Community Service.
- High level of application to all classroom and extra-curricular activities
- Leadership within areas of excellence
- Ability and willingness to make a positive contribution to all School activities.
- Shortlisted applicants will then be invited to an interview with the Principal and must bring with them their two most recent school reports.
All applicants are required to sit the academic examination.
Students applying for a Music Scholarship must be studying at least one instrument at the following minimum AMEB Grade level or equivalent:
• Year 5: AMEB Grade 2
• Year 6: AMEB Grade 3
• Year 8: AMEB Grade 4
• Year 9: AMEB Grade 5
• Year 10-12: AMEB Grade 5/6
These requirements are a guide and the audition will hold more weight than the AMEB ranking. Applicants will be required to play two short contrasting pieces of their choice on their chosen instrument or voice and will also be given a short piece of sight-reading and some aural tasks.
Conditions of a Scholarship
Commencing for scholarships granted in respect of the 2020 school year, successful applicants are to agree to have their names published in School communication media.
In order to maintain the Scholarship, students are expected to maintain high standards in their conduct, participation in School life and their academic progress throughout the scholarship period. In the case of a music scholar, she will be expected to participate in the School's music program.
In accepting a Scholarship, parents/guardians agree that they understand that the School has a reasonable expectation that their child will complete their education at Fahan School.